They apparently looked at other plugin and tried to develop their own too though chose FlexSlider due to ‘the simple and semantic markup and the fully responsive functionality’. The plugin already has a popular following though is sure to become more well known due to this acquisition.
- Simple, semantic markup
- Supported in all major browsers
- Horizontal/vertical slide and fade animations
- Multiple slider support, Callback API, and more
- Hardware accelerated touch swipe support
- Custom navigation options
- Use any html elements in the slides
They have worked out a deal with the original developer Tyler Smith so he will continue to support and update the plugin with the WooThemes team. The plugin already has a lot of great features so it will be interesting to see how they improve it and whether they start hard coding it into their themes.