Turn WordPress into a fully functional Job Board
WordPress is a fantastic content management script in it’s own right however I’m always keen on seeing new ways to use WordPress. So I have always been intrigued by the themes and plugins available on the web which utilise the WordPress backend to post job listings.
In this article I will be looking at 5 of the best job board themes and plugins available to WordPress users :)
Released in January of this year, the Job Board theme is a clean colourful design which boasts many features
- You can decide whether listings are paid or free. For paid listings users can make payment via PayPal
- You can generate coupons for users for reduced listing fees
- Jobs will be saved as a draft if the advertiser doesn’t pay
- You can set to change old job listings to draft or to delete them automatically after they have expired
- The theme comes in 7 different colours so you are sure to find a suitable style
To see the theme in action please visit the Job Board Demo area.
The theme costs $65 for a single license, $99 for a multi site license, and $279 for access to all themes at Templatic.
Link: Job Board
WP Job Board
Used by popular blogs such as BloggingPro and Performancing, WP Job Board is a versatile job plugin for WordPress. Since WP Job Board is a plugin and not a theme, it can be integrated with any existing design your WordPress website uses.
The plugin boasts many features:
- Optimised for search engines
- Promo codes to encourage advertisers to add jobs
- Automate PayPal payments
- Encourage visitors to return with RSS feeds of your job listings
To see the plugin in action please visit the WP Job Board Demo area.
You can also see the admin area of the plugin using ‘user’ as the login and the password.
The plugin costs $97 for a single license and $199 for a multi site license.
Link: WP Job Board
Job Press has a lot of great features:
- Automated payment system using PayPal
- Advanced settings page
- Older jobs are marked so that visitors know the job losting was posted some time ago
To see JobPress in action please visit the JobPress Demo area.
A single license of JobPress costs $79 whereas a multi site developer license costs $199.
ClassiPress is a feature rich classifieds theme for WordPress. Although it was created for classified listings, it could also be used as a job board.
Theme features include:
- Themed login page
- Feedburner and Twitter integration
- Multiple colour schemes
- Optimised for Search Engines
- Free or paid ad listings
- Image and video uploading plus HTML support in ads
The single license version of ClassiPress costs $69 whilst the small business edition license costs a little more at $99. This version allows the script to be used in up to 5 websites.
For unlimited use of the script you will need to purchase the developer license at $159. The ultimate edition has additional WordPress Multi User support and lets all sub blogs use the script too.
The Tapp Jobs theme has a good design and a few good features such as widgetized sidebars, however it lacks some of the more advanced features of other scripts.
To see JobPress in action please visit the Tapp Jobs Demo area.
A license for Tapp Jobs costs $75. Purchasing the script allows you to use it on as many websites as you like. However, in order for the theme to work you need to use the Gravity Forms plugin. This costs $39 for a single site license and $99 for a multi site license.
Link: Tapp Jobs
All of the themes and plugins above have their strengths and weaknesses so I recommend you check them all out to see which one suits your needs.
ClassiPress is a good theme and although it could be used for a job board, I think that it’s better used for it’s intended function as a classifieds website.
What’s your favourite WordPress Job Board script?