Andrew Nacin yesterday announced the release of WordPress 3.4.1. The update addresses 18 bugs that were found in WordPress 3.4.
VaultPress emailed me about this update today. When they contact customers about a security issue it’s always wise to listen to them and update your site accordingly.
- Fixes an issue where a theme’s page templates were sometimes not detected.
- Addresses problems with some category permalink structures.
- Adds early support for uploading images on iOS 6 devices.
- Allows for a technique commonly used by plugins to detect a network-wide activation.
- Better compatibility with servers running certain versions of PHP (5.2.4, 5.4) or with uncommon setups (safe mode, open_basedir), which had caused warnings or in some cases prevented emails from being sent.
For more information about the security vulnerabilities this update fixes, please read the announcement below. As always, remember to back up your database and your files before you update your site :)
Announcement: WordPress 3.4.1 Maintenance and Security Release